Environmental Policy Statement
West Yorkshire Steel recognises that some of its activities have an impact on the environment and we are committed to conserving natural resources.
We intend to operate in a manner sensitive to the environment and comply with all relevant legislation. West Yorkshire Steel are committed to:
- Minimising waste products from all processes.
- Maximising the efficient use of energy and water.
- Reducing the impact of travel and transport.
- Accessing the most technical and accurate advice that promotes the current best environmental practise.
- Preventing pollution.
- Complying with all environmental legislation, applicable consents and codes of practise to which the company subscribes and to fulfil our compliance obligations.
- Maintaining continual improvement in environmental performance.
West Yorkshire Steel will achieve these commitments by:
- Setting and reviewing progress towards environmental objectives and documenting these in the yearly management review to ensure continual improvement.
- Providing environmental training for all employees to understand the company’s environmental policies and objectives and their roles within them.
- Working with suppliers and contractors to encourage the adoption of environmentally responsible working practises.
- Ensuring all employees have access to recycling bins in both offices and warehouse areas.
- Using energy efficient lighting and heating in all working areas. All office lighting to have motion sensors to reduce energy.
- Ensuring all steel scrap and waste is efficiently recovered and stored until it can be collected by a certified and approved waste disposal company.
- Encouraging all employees to adopt an energy efficient attitude, throughout the company premises.
- Investigating all environmental accidents and incidents, this is the responsibility of the directors.